Phobias are learned behaviours. We are born with two innate fears: the fear of falling, and the fear of loud noises.
Phobias and fears are examples of how quickly our brains learn new behaviours.
It usually only takes one negative experience for our unconscious mind to turn that event into something overwhelming and terrifying. This usually occurs in childhood and our unconscious mind has decided to protect us from the negative event and creating fear which is usually irrational.
This can lead to feelings such as feeling out of control, rapid heart rate, palpitations, shaking hands, sweating and avoiding more and more things that we have connected to that event.
Some common phobias:
- Acrophobia ( fear of heights)
- Agoraphobia ( fear of open or crowded spaces)
- Arachnophobia ( fear of spiders)
- Aviophobia (fear of flying)
- Claustrophobia ( fear of enclosed spaces)
- Cynophobia (fear of dogs)
- Emetophobia ( fear of being sick)
- Glossophobia ( fear of public speaking)
- Odontophobia ( fear of the dentist)
- Scopophobia ( fear of being looked at / judged)
- Social Phobia/Social Anxiety (fear of being judged)
- Trypanophobia (fear of injections and needles)
Some people report that the mere thought of the phobia can cause a high level of anxiety. Hypnotherapy can help you break the connection to the fear or phobia, learning techniques that you can adapt to any situation where you feel anxious or fearful.
Phobias and Fears can be eradicated or reduced with hypnotherapy regardless of how long you have been suffering.
It does not matter what the fear or phobia is, I can help you change your thoughts, feelings and behaviours towards it so you can feel calm and relaxed.